Friday, July 26, 2013

Lonely Lone Wolf Conversion


I know, I know.  I still have the Heavy Support section of the new Eldar Codex to finish up in order to complete my review.  But that's the biggest section of all and I have had my hands pretty full recently with publishing a novel and all (which is at this moment available on Amazon, Smashwords, and Kobo, by the way).  So while I'm tying up the loose ends on getting my book out into the world, I thought I'd blog something short and sweet: my converted Space Wolf Lone Wolf that may or may not ever bloody his frost axe on a battlefield...


The storm shield is a very very old round fantasy shield from a model I've had since I was 10 or so (used to represent my D&D fighter -- probably not of GW make) with a wolf icon from the Space Wolves kit glued on -- fit perfectly.  The shield itself was not (is not still) actually glued to the man's hand yet, here held on with some putty.

He may end up being part of my feral space wolves unit (khorne zerkers).  Or who knows, maybe I'll run a Space Wolves ally contingent someday with my crimson fists (I do still have an unassembled metal Canis model).  I'd actually really like to run SW allies as tainted wolves along side my chaos marines.  (Forgeworld makes some awesome "skin wolves" werewolf models I'd like to use as thunder wolf cavalry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment