Friday, May 27, 2016

Where Did May Go?

I had high hopes for things to get done in May.  And now it's over!  Where the hell did it go?


Well, working two 60+ hour weeks for the Navy sucked up the last half.  Today was supposed to be a "half-day" for the holiday weekend.  That worked out for most people, but not all of us.  So chalk up another 12+ hour work day with no writing opportunities.   


It's been a relatively rough month for me, but could be a lot rougher.  I could be with my shipmates getting shot at in the war zone. 


Memorial Day is about more than hot dogs and camping trips.  I hope while everyone is enjoying their holiday, they take a moment to think about those who don't have the luxury of doing so.  Remember those who sacrifice, those who serve, and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in service to our country.  People working a lot harder than I am, despite my long weeks overseas. 


Happy Memorial Day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment