Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Most Precious Commodity

Time.  There's never enough of it.  I am more time-impoverished than ever before.  But mostly in a good way.  Basically, my current position with the Navy sucks up more time than I'd like (work always does, that's why it's called work).  What time is left my wife and son get first dibs on.  That leaves some old ATM receipts, a loose button, and some off-colored belly lint in my pocket.  I'm time poor, begging on the street corner outside a hippy coffee shop with a ukulele, a trained monkey, and an empty coffee mug.  "Can you spare a little, mister?"

This blog will serve several purposes.  First, it will drag me reluctantly into the 21st century.  I am NOT a cyber-dude, don't care to be.  But I suppose if I don't make an effort to join the modern world I may be left out of it.  (Would that be all bad?) 

The primary topic of this blog will probably be nerd hobby, namely Warhammer 40k.  It's about the only thing I can comment on on a regular basis.  But as this is my voice in cyberspace, I'll be saying whatever the hell I care to, so I expect to occasionally talk about writing, reading, and ranting in general.  Maybe given enough time, folks will actually tune in to hear what  ihave to say (both 40k geeks like myself and others).

Though it'll probably be a long time before I figure out just how to work this thing...

Okay, my son's trying to crawl into the clothes dryer, I guess my blog time for today is spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment